Thursday, March 5, 2015

Looking for a Team Sport: How about Tough Mudder

Tough Mudder is a "team-oriented 10-12 mile obstacle course designed to test physical strength and mental grit." Tough Mudder is a team challenge rather than a race and puts teamwork first and provides an exhilarating that is said to be unique in sports.

Tough Mudder Boot Camp offers resistance training and cardiovascular exercises to prepare for the  Tough Mudder course.
The Mudder Pledge
  • I understand that Tough Mudder is not a race but a challenge.
  • I put teamwork and camaraderie before my course time.
  • I do not whine – kids whine.
  • I help my fellow mudders complete the course.
  • I overcome all fears.
Mudder is big, there have been over a million and a half involved in over 100 events with $6.5 million raised for the wounded warrior project which assists injured veterans on their journey towards a successful civilian life..   For more information, see the Tough Mudder web site.

Sporting Chance Press is the publisher of Pillars of the NFL and Maddie Takes the Ice among other books that promote sports values.